How to Sell Gold Coins, Gold Bars, Silver Coins, Silver Bars and Platinum Bullion Online
Questions Related to Selling Coins and Bars of pure Silver and Gold to Golden Money:
- What types Silver and Gold Bullion you buy?
- How does the process of Selling Gold and Bullion Online work?
- What will it cost me to ship my Gold or Silver Coins and Bars to Golden Money?
- Does your Bullion Buy rate based on minimum amount?
- What kind of packaging should I use, when shipping my Bars or Coins?
- Do you charge a handling fee?
- What if your payout rate has changed since placed Sell Order?
- What makes you different from other online Gold and Silver Bullion buyers?
- How do you pay me?
- Will you call me with my appraised gold or silver value, before sending the check?
- How do I contact you?
- Do you pay in Canadian or US currency?
- Do you pay less than brick and mortar Bullion shops?
- How do your "Buy Bullion Rates" compare to local jewellers?
- Do you buy silver and platinum?
- Do you buy gem stones?
- Do you share my personal information with any government or non-government agencies?
- What if my package is lost in the mail?
- What if my package worth more than $1,000 dollars?
- How can I reduce the risk of a “lost” package?
- What weight units are used?
- What do these numbers stamped on my Gold and Silver Bullion mean?
- Can I come to your office and deal face to face?
- Where are you located?
- What if I change my mind after I have sent my package?
How does the process of Selling Gold and Silver Bullion Online works?
- Complete order form using our automated Bullion Quote System. The prices being updated every minute to reflect current price we pay for your bullion.
- You will receive e-mail with mailing instructions immediately after your click "Submit"
- Pack your bullion in secure protective packaging
- Mail your package via Canada Post or USPS regular insured service
- Pay for your postage including insurance and "signature required" service
- Track your package online
- When your package reach us, it is normally takes 24 hours to evaluate the package and issue the payment to you by cheque, wire transfer or direct deposit to your account.
What will it cost me to ship my unwanted gold or silver to Golden Money?
It depends what type of service you choose, weight of the package and insurance amount. Approximate rates by USPS or Canada post are as follows: $12 for small package (1-3 oz) with tracking number, signature required service and $100 insurance; $30 for small package (10 oz) with the same as above service and $400 insurance. Insurance cost is $1.50 per $100 of insured value.
Second option: You can opt out of insurance and pay nothing for shipping. Just type in "comments" section "Fedex Label". We will mail you Fedex label. All you will have to do is to attach label to your box or envelope. Fedex shipment will be tracked and has signature requirements and in 99.99% cases reaches our destination.
Does your payout rate based on minimum amount?
We do not discriminate our customers based on minimum amount. You can send us one bar or 100 bars or coins; our buy price will remain the same.
What type of packaging should I use?
For small packages upto 10 troy ounce, based on our experience, it is the best to use 4" x 8" photo mailer envelopes, found at local staples stores. For heavier package use corrugated boxes, which are normally sold at your local post office or staples store. Usually 10" x 10" x 4" box is sufficient.
Do you charge a handling fee?
We do not charge any handling fees to process your order. You will get exact amount as quoted.
What if your payout rate has changed since I have place my Sell Order?
In 99.999% cases we honor our commitment and stand by our promise. However in some cases of very high volatility or unforseen events we reserve the right to refuse your shipment. Such conditions are very rare in nature and have very little chance to occure. An example would be: over 10% price drop in one day.
What makes you different from other Gold and Silver Bullion Dealers?
The biggest difference is the guaranteed locked price, the amount we pay, fast turnaround service, no handling fee, quality appraisals, the best customer support in the industry and personal attention to your needs.
How do you pay me?
Your payment will arrive in the form of check or wire transfer to any bank account in the world. You will be able to indicate that in the form e-mail to you. We will call you to confirm the accuracy of account information. $35 wire transfer fee apply.
Will you call me with my appraised gold or silver value, before sending the check?
We will contact you if required after appraisal is completed if there are any issues. Otherwise, we will issue the payment.
How do I contact you?
The best way to contact us is via the Contact Form or call us 416-273-4773
Do you pay in Canadian or US currency?
Market prices are in US dollars. We pay in US dollars to US customer and in Canadian Dollars to Canadian Customer unless requested otherwise. Exchange rate is based on bank rate.
Do you pay less than brick and mortar Bullion shops?
We actually pay much more as we do not bare the expenses of brick and mortar shops.
Do you buy silver and platinum?
We buy all precious metals Bullion including rhodium, palladium, silver and platinum.
Do you buy gem stones?
Yes, depending on the size, we buy diamonds, rubies, sapphires and emeralds. Appraisal fees of $50 for each stone will apply.
Do you share my personal information with any government or non-government agencies?
No! We do not share your information with any agencies. Every transaction is 100% confidential.
What if my package is lost in the mail?
There is a risk in mailing precious metals. Your package might get lost in the mail. You will be able to claim full coverage you had you insured your package with Canada Post or USPS. It may take up to 30 days to collect the money, if the package is lost.
What if my package worth more than $1,000 dollars?
You can send your silver bullion via Canada Post. Canada Post insurance will cover upto $5,000 in value of your metal. Fedex will insure gold or silver bullion for upto $1,000. The only courier in Canada to insure gold product upto $5,000 is Canada Post, however you have to check with Canada Post representative before shipping gold bullion to us. USPS will insure Gold and Silver bullion for upto $5,000 per package.
How can I reduce the risk of a “lost” package?
Follow these steps:
- Wrap every item in tissue to avoid metal "ding"
- Use an inconspicuous numbered corporation name instead of “Golden Money” on the shipping label
- Use a tracking number
- Use the “signature required” option when shipping
- Use a courier outlet for shipping rather drop box locations
- If shipping from the country another than USA or CANADA, indicate content as "Tariff 71.12",and description "Bullion", indicate actual value for the customs and actual value for insurance.
What types of Bullion do you buy?
We buy all types of 999+ Gold, Silver and Platinum coins and bars. We buy older coins of 875, 900, 917 and 986 purity. Our buying rates for these types of coins are posted in "Sell Bullion Form". If you can not find coin or bar in the list, please "Contact us" or call us at 416 273-4773.
What weight units are used?
- 1 gram
- 1 lb = 453 gram
- 1 troy ounce = 31.1035 grams
- 1 kilo =1000 grams
- 1 gram =.03215 troy ounce
- 1 gram =.643 pennyweight
- 1.555 grams = 1 pennyweight (dwt)
- 1 gram =15.4324 grains
- 1 gram =0.001 kilogram
What do these numbers stamped on my Bullion mean?
- 999 or 999.9 or 999+- Purity of your Bullion Precious Metal content per 1000
- J&M, Engelhard, PAMP, Royal Canadian Mint, RCM - Name of the assayer
- 1324673 (or series of other numbers) - Serial number of your bullion
- 1 troy oz, 10 troy oz, 100 troy oz - Weight of your bullion
Can I come and visit you in your office to deal face to face?
We can schedule an appointment with your at our office in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
Where are you located?
Our offices are in Ontario, Canada, the city of Richmond Hill, just north of Toronto, GTA and Lewiston, NY, USA
Can you do local pickup?
Yes! Please contact us for details
Why do you charge a premium for bullion product over posted market rates?
It takes money to actually manufacture a coin or a bar. A market price is usually indicated for 5000oz of metal and the cost is almost the same to make 5000oz or a 1oz bar or coin. Every business exists to make money. We simply service your needs to safely buy or sell bullion product.
What if I change my mind after I have sent my package?
Please call our support hotline at 416-273-4773 or Contact US and we will cancel your order and send your metal back to you at your expense.
- If you have other questions or require assistance:
- -Call our support hotline at 416-273-4773
- -Use Contact US link
- -Post your question in our Forum